Monday, August 25, 2008

Beginning

This is Beth and I will probably be the writer in our family. Meagan briefly showed me how to do this before she and her family left for Boston, so here goes.
After having Ryan, Meagan, and Jase live with us for a few months and Joey with his friend, Markelle (inseparable, but just friends)we felt like it was a happy and crazy family life again. Now we are back to empty nesting with only the left over trappings of the gang. Yes, Joey is still here but evidenced more by his stuff (which seems to grow daily) than by his actual being here.
We are feeling a little lonely. Funny how sweeping up the last of the little puffs that Jase loved to eat brought an empty feeling to the pit of my stomach.
We have enjoyed the Beijing 2008 Olympics these past two weeks. Randy has been glued to them, me kind of on and off ( I think I have developed ADD). Joey started working at YESCO with Randy and they are now on four 10-hour days a week and have Fridays off. This weekend my sister Elaine and her daughters Joy and Laura and also Andrea and new baby Kayla are coming on Friday for a Laura's birthday celebration. The girls will see "Big River" at Tuachan stay over at our house and we will all head back up North on Saturday. Randy and Joe are going to SLC on Thurs or Friday (to see the BYU game and to dove hunt) and we will meet up to come home after spending Labor Day weekend with family and friends.
Here's my personal news. Last Wednesday I had the second eye surgery to remove cataracts and replace my lens with IOL (Interocular Lens) not to be confused with IOC (International Olympics Committee) Ha, ha I never have been very good with the acronyms. The surgery went well and I am seeing okay and hoping that it will get better each day. Yeah! It seems so odd to go to bed each night without taking my contacts out after having done this for 44 years. Reading is still a little hard, there seems to be just a few inches where the focus is good enough and I have to concentrate on focusing.

1 comment:

Meagan said...

Mom- I miss you guys so much. I was jealous when I read your blog because I wished so badly that I still lived in Cedar and could pop in to see Laura and the other girls. How fun! Love you!